I do have a little bit in my book about planning, but it has to be the most common question asked of me, how do I plan?
The honest answer is less, but more...ha ha I know as clear as mud!
Over the years I have become much more inclined to think big picture and then specifically add details day by day, week by week as I see where the learning actually takes us.
This 'just in time' planning allows me to be responsive to need and responsive to learning urges.
When it comes to Number Agents I do use the progressions but more recently (over the last two years) have become more of a fan of developing Number Sense rather than ticking off a sequence of learning through stages. I want my agents to have a deep understanding and flexibility with number.
To encourage my planning and teaching to reflect the effort to encourage and foster Number Sense I make a mindmap that is an overview of the things I want my agency sessions to include. Of course this is tweaked and changed as everything continues to evolve.
This mindmap is below and also in a shareable link here.
- Learning Through Play
- The Villains and The Heroes
- What I love about Number Agents!
- My PDF Products - Available on TPT or Teachers Helping Teachers
- Teachers Pay Teachers Store
- How to order
- Number Agents in a Nutshell and Getting Started with Agency
- What is in the book?
- Children and Numbers - My Belief
- Mantle of the Expert
- My number goals
- My learning dispositions and habits
- My Youtube channel
- My Brain Model
- My Sentiments
- My model for literacy development
- My developmental goals