- Learning Through Play
- The Villains and The Heroes
- What I love about Number Agents!
- My PDF Products - Available on TPT or Teachers Helping Teachers
- Teachers Pay Teachers Store
- How to order
- Number Agents in a Nutshell and Getting Started with Agency
- What is in the book?
- Children and Numbers - My Belief
- Mantle of the Expert
- My number goals
- My learning dispositions and habits
- My Youtube channel
- My Brain Model
- My Sentiments
- My model for literacy development
- My developmental goals
Number Agents in a Nutshell and Getting Started with Agency
1) Please buy and read the book. This will answer many of your questions and help you understand what this world is all about.
2) Read my blog, there are many old posts on here that work through how I introduce agency at the beginning of the year.
This post includes my skeleton outline for the set up of agency for 2018. Each year is a little different, but this will give you an idea.
There are a few posts if you go back to the beginning of 2017 that gives you some examples of what we did to get started and I will post again this year.
3) Join my facebook page Number Agents and if you intend to use the approach, join my group as well. This will allow you to connect with others. It will also give you a link to my youtube channel. I share a lot of practical ideas on my facebook page straight from my agency throughout the year.
4) Start to think about your agency, what will it look like. Will the villains be puppets or still images. Who will the clients be? Who will lead the knowledge/professional development, will you have a professor, or will this be you in role?
5) Refer to my youtube video on hooking in...this is the most important part.
6) Take your time and ask questions.
I have other products in my store that I have designed to help you get started.
I truly believe in this approach, have seen the results myself and heard so many similar stories from classrooms around NZ.
If you have an older class, I have written a short PDF with some ideas of how agency could be modified for them.
If you don't like using TPT you can access most of my resources on this NZ site. It will be emailed to you by the site themselves, so you need to check your trash.
I only sell the book in PDF via TPT. I no longer do a hard copy.
If you want to purchase, but can't do it this way, please email me and I will endeavor to help out. firstname.lastname@example.org